Responding to recent inquiries about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) our CEO, Ronn McMahon has written a letter to our community.
A LETTER FROM OUR PRESIDENT - RONN McMAHON
The recent emergence of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) overseas and its subsequent spread to other parts of the world has generated a great deal of news and has raised some questions over the last few weeks.
At the Greater Wichita YMCA, the health and safety of our members is very serious. We wanted to remind you of some steps that, beyond our commitment to clean facilities, we can all take to help prevent the spread of disease during this cold and flu season:
- Maintain good hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze using a tissue or your elbow
- Stay home or keep your child home if you are sick, especially during times of a fever of 100° or more - please make sure that you and your child are fever free (without the aid of medication) for 24 hours before returning to the Y
When visiting our facilities we urge to you use the provided disinfectant spray and towels to wipe down equipment before and after you use it - pay extra attention to the following:
- Hand rails
- Consoles and start/stop buttons on cardio equipment
- Heart rate monitor handles
- Adjustment handles on strength machines
- Resistance gear handles on cycling bikes
- Door knobs and exit buttons
We will continue to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus as the safety of our YMCA staff, members and community are our number one priority. In the event that any additional information needs to be communicated, we will update our website and social media accounts.
If you have additional questions about COVID-19, we urge you to visit the links, below, for information from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Thank you for partnering with us in our effort to keep our Y community safe.
President and CEO
Greater Wichita YMCA