We, effective 03/13/20 and until further notice, have POSTPONED our Spring Youth Sports at all locations but operations will otherwise continue.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
The health and safety of our members, staff, and community is our highest priority. We continue to monitor announcements from health experts as COVID-19 concerns come closer to home. This morning, Sedgwick County announced a “local ban of public gatherings of 250-or-more people”. Here’s how we’ll apply this preventative measure for all of our YMCA communities.
GREATER WICHITA YMCA UPDATES AS OF 5PM on 03/13/20
- Spring Youth Sports (practices and games) at all branches and YMCA Farha Sport Centers are POSTPONED until further notice
- Lessons/Programs (Swim Lessons, Dance Classes, Martial Arts, etc.) continue
- Academies/Competitive Gymnastics and Dance Practices continue
- YMCA facilities remain open as a resource to our community
- Daily classes/activities (Group Exercise, Personal Training, etc.) continue
- In-branch Early Learning Centers remain open
- Spring Break Camp will run as planned
NOTE As information changes, so will our practices and decisions. We appreciate your flexibility and patience.
Y360 VIRTUAL CLASSES NOW AVAILABLE TO YOU
A new service that has been in development for the past six months is now available at no charge for our members during this COVID-19 outbreak. Regular exercise is a component of a healthy lifestyle – reducing stress and preventing illness. While we would love to see you at our Ys, we honor and respect individual choices with regard to health. If you are unable to join us at one of our facilities, we have a variety of at-home exercise options for members to try called Y360.
You can take group exercise classes right in your own home at no charge for a limited time. Find some of your favorite classes by clicking on the button below. We are working hard to provide options and additional benefits for our members and trust that you will find a class that you love.
PROTECT YOUR HEALTH
We wanted to remind you of a few steps we can all take to help prevent the spread of disease:
• Maintain good hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze using a tissue or your elbow
• Stay home or keep your child home if you are sick, especially during times of a fever of 100° or more. Please make sure that you and your child are fever free (without the aid of medication) for 24 hours before returning to the Y
We appreciate your patience as we strive to serve our community.
President and CEO
Greater Wichita YMCA