The Greater Wichita YMCA's KEY Academy program is run by the Y but hosted in area elementary schools through partnerships with host districts. Our KEY Academy programs provide Knowledge, Enrichment, and Youth Development to all participants in a comfortable, known environment.
KEY Academy offers affordable, KDHE-licensed, high quality, child care in a setting that combines educational, physical, and social activities that help develop the whole child. Our host sites, in schools, allow parents/guardians easy drop-off/pick-up and allow students to get homework support and to participate in a variety of seasonal and changing programs and activities that extend their learning. The program also offers a nutritious breakfast to morning participants and a healthy snack for afternoon participants.
The information below is intended to provide an outline of program sites, content, and costs, required paperwork required for enrollment, useful information about our other licensed child care programs, and ways to contact our staff for additional support.
KEY ACADEMY SITES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
We will offer BEFORE (AM) and/or AFTER (PM) KEY Academy care at the following schools for the 2020-2021 school year:
|ANDOVER SCHOOLS (USD 385)
||GODDARD SCHOOLS (USD 265)
||MAIZE SCHOOLS (USD 266)
Cottonwood Elementary (AM/PM)
Martin Elementary (AM/PM)
Meadowlark Elementary* (AM/PM)
Prairie Creek Elementary (AM/PM)
Sunflower Elementary (AM/PM)
Wheatland Elementary (AM/PM)
Amelia Earhart Elementary (AM/PM)
(Also serves Oak Street Elementary students)
Apollo Elementary (AM/PM)
Clark Davidson Elementary (AM/PM)
Explorer Elementary (AM/PM)
Maize Central Elementary (AM/PM)
Maize Elementary (AM/PM)
(Also serves Maize Vermillion Elementary students)
Maize Pray Woodman Elementary (AM/PM)
Maize South Elementary (AM/PM)
|RENWICK SCHOOLS (USD 267)
||VALLEY CENTER SCHOOLS (USD 262)
||WICHITA SCHOOLS (USD 259)
Garden Plain Elementary (PM)
St. Mark’s Elementary (PM)
Abilene Elementary (AM/PM)
Wheatland Elementary (AM/PM)
(West Elem. students can enroll at Abilene or Wheatland. Busing is available - contact school to confirm.)
Beech Elementary (AM/PM)
Caldwell Elementary (PM)
Mueller Elementary (AM)
* Pending KDHE Licensing
KEY ACADEMY ENROLLMENT PROCESS
General, open KEY Academy enrollment will open SOON and continue throughout the school year - as spaces are available.
TO APPLY AND REGISTER
- Review the KEY Academy Program Overview, Policies, and Parent Information (below), at any Greater Wichita YMCA branch site, or contact our Leadership Team for materials by mail.
- Complete the MANDATORY KDHE forms online (website account required) - and all required registration paperwork and sign our parental policy form.
- Registration is NOT available at any KEY Academy program site.
- Bring your materials IN PERSON to any branch location - where you will complete registration, confirm location and session(s) and pay your annual enrollment fee.
- ALL KDHE paperwork, KEY Academy enrollment forms and support documents, and signed parental policy form are required for enrollment consideration.
- Forms are not accepted by mail and those left at program sites can NOT be processed.
- Space for your child cannot be secured with our full payment and complete registration form.
- Greater Wichita YMCA staff MUST confirm enrollment before children can enter the program, without exception.
- Enrollment is based on available space, child developmental readiness, licensing guidelines, and prioritization.
- Children with special needs will be accepted only if enrollment is in the best interest of the child.
- Costs are based on classroom assignment. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE and third-party payment available (see policies document).
Use the tiles below to download/review KEY Academy paperwork and other enrollment and account needs: