CHANGE LIVES CHANGE YOUR COMMUNITY
As one of the region's leading nonprofits and volunteer-led organizations, the Greater Wichita YMCA is a dynamic community of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility. The Greater Wichita YMCA employs over 1,400 people but we also offer myriad opportunities for individuals, families, and organizations to volunteer through us. We work with you to find ways that your interests and your gifts can best-benefit our community through our programs, activities, services, and needs.
When you volunteer through the Greater Wichita YMCA - and our branches in Andover, El Dorado, Newton, and Wichita as well as our YMCA Farha Sports Centers in Andover and Wichita, our Camp in Viola, and our dozens of community-based program sites throughout Butler, Cowley, Harvey, Kingman, Reno, Sedgwick, and Sumner Counties, you'll strengthen our community as envisioned by our first volunteers and founders in 1885.
Join us. Be part of the Greater Wichita YMCA's commitment to our neighbors who need support. Together, we'll change lives and build a better tomorrow.
NINE REASONS TO VOLUNTEER
These are the most-common reasons people volunteer with the Greater Wichita YMCA:
- EXPLORE Try a profession while building your resume and network
- LEARN Become a stronger leader by building skills an confidence
- FULFILL An urge inside you or a school or organization requirement
- MEET People with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and approaches
- SUPPORT A program, activity, group, or community that matters to you
- LIVE Put your faith in action through service and the sharing of your gifts
- BOND Nurture existing relationships with friends, family, and colleagues
- GIVE Share your time and talent through a service-based organization
- FEEL Move more, reduce stress, and experience connections with others
READY TO GET STARTED?
- STEP 1 Search the "VOLUNTEER" category ON OUR ONLINE JOBS PORTAL or contact our Director of Volunteerism, LORI SPENCER by phone (316.776.8821) or email to talk about your ideas.
- STEP 2 Complete the appropriate paperwork. We have three options:
- VOLUNTEER FORM (INDIVIDUALS should select the "Volunteer" category from the positions listings, you'll "apply" as those you were a job applicant)
- COACHING FORM (tap the link and then click "apply to coach" (be sure to designate a branch/location before submitting your form)
- PARTNERING FORM (GROUPS should review the overview of our partner program and complete the web-based form and click "submit")
- STEP 3 Get ready. We'll follow up with you as soon as possible to talk about your application and/or to get you started as a coach, volunteer, or partner.
MAKING HEALTHY CONNECTIONS
The Greater Wichita YMCA connects volunteers with our hundreds of programs that promote healthy spirit, mind, and body including: